SSi’s piling caps are easy to install and are an excellent, inexpensive way to protect costly pilings from rot and deterioration. They are stocked in increments from 4” (140mm) up to 18”(457mm) with larger round cone caps available up to 30”(762mm) – please inquire for sizes and pricing.
SSi piling caps are available in 2 styles – standard “Flat” or “Cone”. The “Cones” are designed to help discourage sea birds from landing on them and make it easier to throw lines over pilings. SSi caps are typically installed by drilling nail holes and attaching with galvanized roofing nails. (not included)
The most popular sizes (7″ to 13″) of cone shaped caps are injection molded, UV inhibited polypropylene. The larger sizes of cone caps and all flat caps are thermoformed using a superior grade of heavy duty low density polyethylene (LDPE) with estimated life in excess of 15 years for black caps and in excess of 9 years for white caps (actual life of piling caps is not guaranteed) SSi’s thermoformed black caps are specified for applications requiring an extended service life in extreme conditions such as caps for composite utility poles.
SSi piling caps are distributed by a number of distributors for dock and marine products listed below. The link will open in a new window.
- A-Plus Dock Products, Hatfield, VA
- American Muscle Docks and Fabrication, WV
- International Dock Products, Pembroke Park, Fl
- Karol Bolt and Fastener, East Rockaway, NY
- Monarch Marine, NJ
- Seaport Marine, Chesapeake, VA
- Dock Accents, Hatfield, VA
- Scottco Marine, Hayden ID
- Marina Accessories, Bellingham, WA
- Ninigret Marine, Charlestown, RI (401)-364-0200 (website unavailable at this time)
- Marina Products & Equipment
- Mermaid Marine